WAGE is not just a test. On average, it takes approximately 100 classroom hours to finish.
What is WAGE?
Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy (WAGE) is a state of Arkansas certificate program intended for the unemployed and the under-employed people in Arkansas. WAGE Certificates assist Arkansans in securing employment and/or advancing in employment. Students must meet grade equivelant requirements, attendance and classroom hour requirements, and curriculum completion requirements to earn the WAGE Certificate(s).
To enroll in the SouthArk WAGE Program, students must do the following:
1. Visit Adult Education and provide Arkansas ID (or proof of Arkansas residency).
2. Complete intake paperwork.
3. Complete Orientation with Adult Eduation.
4. Schedule TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education). The new TABE 11/12 will be an online test, which will take approximately 5-6 hours to complete. TABE 11/12 is required after 7/1/18.
5. Speak with Adult Education advisor and begin Student Learning Plan. Discuss TABE scores and set goals.
6. Attend classes for WAGE and course subjects.
WAGE Certificates:There are 6 WAGE certificates that can be earned simultaneously.
Customer Service I
Customer Service II
|WAGE LAB HOURS - EAST CAMPUS|
|MCGEHEE BUILDING - ROOM 121|
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday||6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.|
|WAGE LAB HOURS - WEST CAMPUS|
|TEC BUILDING - ROOM 225|
|Monday - Thursday||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|