Faculty and staff wishing to develop a new grant-funded program or project should take the following steps to initiate the process.
- You need to receive verbal permission to begin the grant process from your supervisor or department chair.
- If you have not yet taken the Grant Proposal Development class provided by the Grant Office, you will need to call the Grant Office (ext. 130) to register for a class.
- After receiving verbal approval to begin the grant process, you should then call the Grant Office to briefly discuss your program idea and to let the Grant Office know the type of program for which you are seeking support.
- Working with your supervisor, answer the questions listed on the “Approval Form for Development of Proposal Concepts or Applications”.
- Submit to your supervisor the approval form (with attachments) for signature.
- Your supervisor will then submit for approval the form to the dean, vice-president and president for signature.
- After all signatures have been obtained, your supervisor will submit the form to the Grant Office.
- After the Grant Office has received the signed approval form, grant staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to begin working with you on your grant application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Grant Office at either extension 130 or 106.