Historical Journal

South Arkansas Historical Journal

South Arkansas Historical Journal

The South Arkansas Historical Journal, established in 2001, is an annual publication of the South Arkansas Historical Society made possible through the generous support of members, South Arkansas Community College, and the South Arkansas Historical Foundation.

Union County CourthouseSouth Arkansas Historical Journal:

Table of Contents, Volume 1-6 (2001-2006)   

Index for Volume 1-5 (2001-2005) 

Articles, Volumes 1-4 (2001-2004)                      

Articles, Volumes 5-7 (2005-7)

Articles, Volume 8 (2008)

Articles, Volumes 9-12 (2009-2012)

Author’s Guidelines

Society Membership

History in South Arkansas

El Dorado High School, circa 1940
 

The El Dorado High School campus, circa 1940.  The Auditorium, long a fixture of the campus, sits in the foreground, with the 1905 administration building, commonly referred to as the “Junior College Building” and the 1940 WPA Gym are just behind it.

Lion Oil Refinery, circa 1948 


Lion Oil Refinery in El Dorado, 1948.

        

South Arkansas Historical Society
PO Box 10201
El Dorado, Arkansas 71730