Chapter Three: Instructional Affairs
Procedure Title: Course Syllabi
Based On: Board Policies 2 and 3
Procedure Number: 3.06
Date Adopted/Revised: June 25, 2001; November 21, 2006; May 15, 2007; July 19, 2010; November 17, 2014
Policy: Each instructor is responsible for preparing and periodically revising the syllabus for each course the instructor is assigned to teach. The instructor will be responsible for providing copies of his or her syllabi to the Vice President for Learning and to each student enrolled in the course within the first week of class.
The minimum components of a course syllabus are:
1. Contact Information of Office Hours
2. Course Number, Title, and Description - All components should match the official college catalog.
3. College Mission
4. College-Wide Student Learner Outcomes
5. Program Outcomes
6. Arkansas Course Transfer System Outcomes - If ACTS outsomes are not used as the course outcomes, the instructor should show alignment.
7. Course Outcomes
8. Unit Outcomes (recommended)
9. Materials and Technology Requirements
11. Instructional Methodology
12. Attendance Policy
13. Academic Integrity Policy
14. Equal Employment Opportunity Clause
15. Library Services
16. Student Services Information including Disability Services, Early Alert, and Behavioral Review Team
17. Date of Revision