Chapter Five: Fiscal Affairs
Procedure Title: Use of Security Cameras
Based on: Board Policies Nos. 5 and 7
Procedure Number: 5.03f
Date Adopted/Revised: September 11, 2008; July 25, 2016; August 9, 2017
- The security camera system was obtained to prevent and record criminal activity on the SouthArk campuses.
- Recorded history may be viewed as follows:
- By the president or vice presidents for security matters.
- By the security officers for security awareness, crime prevention, and crime solving.
- By area local, county, state and federal officers working to solve or prevent criminal activity.
- Other lawful uses as determined by campus security for court testimony, etc.
- The security cameras may also be viewed live by persons designated by the president, vice presidents, or the chief of security.
- Information Technology staff members may view history or live video recording to ensure the system is operational or assist in the operations outlined above.