Chapter One: Administrative Affairs
Procedure Title: Communications
Based On: Board Policies 1 and 9
Procedure Number: 1.05a
Date Adopted/Revised: October 10, 2001; November 21, 2006; May 15, 2007; June 1, 2015
In order to best represent South Arkansas Community College, public communications should be handled professionally and coordinated by the Office of Marketing Communications.
- Public communications include not only press releases and news alerts but also interviews with news agencies.
- Any public communication must be approved by the Office of Marketing and Communications. Authority for such communication (news releases, business cards, catalog, etc.) rests solely with the Office of Marketing and Communications, under the direction of the president.
- Appropriate input may be sought from other individuals, committees or campus departments depending upon the project at hand. The level of input is at the discretion of the coordinator.
- Any request for publicity or public communication should be transmitted with turnaround time in mind. Two weeks of lead time is expected for any project, but the coordinator’s schedule always will dictate how quickly a project is completed.
- By the same token, when information is requested by the Office of Marketing and Communications for the purposes of publicity, a reasonable amount of response time is needed and expected.