Based On: Board Policies 2 and 3
Procedure Number: 3.06
Date Adopted/Revised: June 25, 2001; November 21, 2006; May 15, 2007; July 19, 2010; November 17, 2014; July 21, 2016
Each instructor is responsible for preparing and periodically revising the syllabus for each course the instructor is assigned to teach. The instructor will be responsible for providing copies of his or her syllabi to the Vice President for Learning and to each student enrolled in the course within the first week of class.
The minimum components of a course syllabus are:
- Contact Information of Office Hours
- Course Number, Title, and Description - All components should match the official college catalog.
- College Mission
- College-Wide Student Learner Outcomes
- Program Outcomes
- Arkansas Course Transfer System Outcomes - If ACTS outcomes are not used as the course outcomes, the instructor should show alignment.
- Course Outcomes
- Unit Outcomes (recommended)
- Materials and Technology Requirements
- Instructional Methodology
- Attendance Policy
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Clause
- Library Services
- Student Services Information including Disability Services, Early Alert, and Behavioral Review Team
- Date of Revision
All instructors must use the course syllabus template provided from the office of the Vice President of Learning. All courses must also have a master syllabus, created with the master syllabus template, on file with the office of the Vice President of Learning.