SouthArk's National Emergency Grant/Arkanas Sector Partnership Grant is called Back on Track. Back on Track is funded by the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services through the Department of Labor. The goal of this grant is to move displaced workers into new, high-wage, high-demand fields in advanced manufacturing.
This grant makes several enhanced services possible, including:
- Individual case management
- Enrollment in a SouthArk Success class that emphasizes soft skills needed in advanced manufacturing fields
- Access to and regular meetings with a licensed counselor for career counseling services
- Evaluation for prior learning credit
- Link qualifying students to income support and other supportive services
- Use of our College Central Network career services manager to build resumes, portfolios, gain soft skills, and apply for jobs
For a student to qualify for these services, he or she must be a displaced worker and be evaluated by WIOA. He or she must complete admission requirements to SouthArk or our Adult Education program. The student must also be pursuing a certificate of proficiency, a technical certificate, an associate's degree, CPT certification, or WAGE certificate to qualify.
For questions about this opportunity, please contact Vanessa Williams, at 870-875-7235 or email her at email@example.com.