Due to inclement weather, SouthArk will be closed on Tuesday, January 16th.

  • Check with your unit for instructions on determining eligibility, benefits, and how to access them.
  • Research career options, schools, and education options to narrow down what you want to do and where you want to go using the tools from the VA at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/get_started.asp
    • Do the career quiz using CareerScope.
    • Compare VA benefit programs; you may be eligible for more than one and will have to choose.
  • Apply to SouthArk.
    • Meet with an adviser to discuss majors, degree plans, and success strategies. Include in your talk any issues or situations that might interfere with your academic success.
  • You will also need the following:
    • Official copies of your high school transcripts or GED scores
    • Copy of your childhood immunization records
    • Copy of placement test scores (ACT, SAT) or you can take the COMPASS in our Testing Center. Ask your adviser for information.
    • Official copies of other college or military transcripts.
  • Apply for Federal Financial Aid (Pell Grant, etc.) at: www.fafsa.gov (SouthArk's school code is 013858)
  • When information from your unit is returned to you, review your eligibility information. Ask questions if you have any. We will help any way that we can to explain how your benefits will work here.
  • Turn in any additional documents requested by the school or your unit as soon as possible. If you need help finding them or turning them in, let us know.
  • Additional benefits may be available through state programs. Ask the VA Peer Mentor or representative on campus.