Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.12, Mac OS 10.13, Mac OS 10.14, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Chrome OS
To function properly, Blackboard requires a high-speed Internet connection (cable modem, DSL, satellite broadband, T1, etc.). The minimum Internet connection speed to access Blackboard is a consistent 1.5 Mbps (megabits per second) or higher.
You can check your speed settings using the speed test at
Note: If you use a browser that is not listed above, you can still access and use most features of Blackboard; however, if you are taking online quizzes or tests via Blackboard, you might experience technical problems.
Technologies NOT supported for use with Blackboard:
- Windows XP
- Windows, Mac OS, and Linux systems not running a supported browser
- Internet Explorer
- Firefox versions 56 and lower
- Chrome versions 62 and lower
- Safari versions 11 and lower
- JRE 5 for Blackboard Learn Original user interfaces