Distance Learning Policies and Procedures
Instructor Best Practices
The Instructor Best Practices were drafted by the Distance Learning Committee. The best practices document was part of the Distance Learning Policies and Procedures document approved by the Academic Affairs Council on November 1, 2013. Instructors may be interested in reviewing the Student Best Practices document, also part of the Distance Learning Policies and Procedures document, which outlines best practices for online learners. The Student Best Practices document can be found under the Students tab.
Blackboard Exemplary Course Program
The Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (ECP) is meant to identify and disseminate best practices for designing high quality courses and has been used by thousands of instructors, teachers, and designers to evaluate and improve their courses.
Quality Matters Rubric
Quality Matters is a peer review process dedicated to the continuous improvement of online course design. One of the three main components of this process employs the Quality Matters Rubric. The QM rubric consists of 8 general standards (43 specific review standards). The eight general standards are:
- General Standard 1: Course Overview & Introduction
- General Standard 2: Learning Objectives (Competencies)
- General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- General Standard 5: Course Activities and Learner Interaction
- General Standard 6: Course Technology
- General Standard 7: Learner Support
- General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
Intellectual Property Policy
SouthArk does have an intellectual property policy. To review our policy you may review the Administrative Procedures Manual (APM), Policy 3.14.