The Sales and Marketing Manager is the lead marketing professional for the El Dorado (Arkansas) Conference Center, reporting directly to the President of the college. This outside marketing professional works directly with conference center management and staff, College PR and Marketing staff, College fiscal affairs, and other related departments to maximize efficient use, profitability, and community service as related to the center.
- The El Dorado Conference Center Marketing and Sales Manager core functions:
- entrepreneurial marketing and sales leadership
- development and coordination of marketing collaterals to support conference center outreach and sales
- secure short and long-term booking and maximize conference center usage while maintaining accounts
- sell space and services of the facility
- in conjunction with the conference center general manager:
- coordinates master calendar / space availability information
- determines catering, food-service, and banquet options and pricing
- attends and assists with events at the conference center as needed
- collaborates with local, state, regional, and national entities to develop partnerships which lead to increased use of center
- develops goals and metrics used to monitor and report operational efficiencies and success of marketing and sales efforts
- participates in producing and delivering quarterly conference center performance reports
- coordinates with conference center and business office staff to accurately monitor and report sales-related budget information
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications:
- knowledge of convention, conference, exhibit, and other hosted-space best-practices
- proven and demonstrable success in previous industry-specific sales, marketing, and/or management positions
- ability to express information (sales-to-operations) to ensure excellent service after the sale
- a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, business administration, or related field
- three years of supervisory and/or sales experience in conference center management, event management, or related field
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in public relations, marketing, business administration, or related field
- Professional certifications (CASE, CEM, CMP, CVP, etc.) and/or active engagement with industry organizations (ASAE, IAEE, IAVM, MPI, PCMA, etc.)
APPLICATION PROCESS (PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO APPLY)
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu/app or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.