- Job Detail
Forestry Technology Program Director
This is a twelve-month academic program director for the development and piloting of a Forestry Technology Program at South Arkansas Community College. This position will report to the Dean of Career and Technical Education and will be responsible for the development and delivery of credit and non-credit course and laboratory work to prepare students to enter the workforce as forestry technicians. This position will also be responsible for recruiting program participants and working with employer partners to assist with placement and ensure program relevance. This position is funded through an Arkansas Rural Workforce Grant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, revises, and evaluates program curriculum.
- Completes and submits program documents required by SouthArk.
- Assists with the development of both short and long-range plans focusing on program success.
- Collaborates with the Dean of Career Education and the Dean of Workforce and Continuing Education in the coordination and scheduling of program courses each semester.
- Delivers instruction to students based on program course needs.
- Coordinates with the Dean of Career and Technical Education and faculty members to develop course curriculum and maintain current master and course syllabi per college policy.
- Maintains a comprehensive system of records for administration, faculty and students as per college policy.
- Works with the Dean of Career and Technical Education in preparation and implementation of program budget.
- Serves on college committees and attends meetings as appointed.
- Develops and implements policies related to admission, retention, and progression of students.
- Provides academic advisement to students.
- Assists with development and implementation of student recruitment strategies.
- Assesses and evaluates student retention and attrition to include processes for retention improvement.
- Collaborates with the Dean of Career and Technical Education to procure and implement the use of equipment, supplies, electronic technology, applicable software, and learning resources for class and lab.
- Collaborates with the Dean of Career and Technical Education to ensure efficient use of instructional resources to facilitate student progress toward meeting instructional objectives.
- Participates in scholarly and service.
- Participates in bi-annual program advisory committee meetings, including collaboration to assess the needs of the community and respond appropriately.
- Promotes additional educational experiences for students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
The individual should (1) possess the knowledge and skills necessary to present program curriculum, (2) be able to operate the program’s equipment, and (3) possess the skills and abilities to utilize programmatic computer software and online curriculum supplements.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or a related field/3 years’ experience in the forestry industry.
Preferred Education and Experience:
A master’s degree in Forestry or a related field/3 years’ experience in the forestry industry/ teaching experience.
The individual must be able to stand for long periods of time. The individual must be able to operate all program equipment. The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds.
APPLICATION PROCESS (PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO APPLY)
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu/app or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
South Arkansas Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. South Arkansas Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status in provision of educational or employment opportunities or benefits.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.