Instructional Design Coordinator Job Description
The primary function of this position is to provide leadership in course design as well as training and support for use of instructional technology tools to improve and enhance individual and organizational performance. This position plays a critical role in designing the most effective and appropriate ways of using technology to create and deliver course content in the online course environment. The instructional design coordinator will provide help to faculty in deploying the use of instructional technology and various learning management system platforms. As a technology expert, the instructional design coordinator will troubleshoot issues and support the ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of adopted technologies.
Required Qualifications: Master's degree from a four-year college or university in instructional design, educational technologies, curriculum design, or an information technology type degree such as Library Media and Information Specialist (LMIS). Two years' experience in creating online educational content, or related field. Advanced knowledge of the utilization and/or administration of at least one learning management system (i.e. Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, Desire2Learn).
Preferred Qualifications: At least two years of experience in a higher education environment assessing, designing, implementing, and evaluating instructional technology solutions.
Knowledge of video-conferencing, online instructional course design, multimedia and emerging technologies, and remote learning strategies, Blackboard learning management system.
Knowledge of online course development standards and procedures. Knowledge of educational applications or academic technologies. Knowledge of educational theories, including instructional systems design and adult learning theory. Experience in providing instruction and assistance to faculty in the use of instructional technology. Knowledge of current trends and best practices in the areas of instructional technology and course design. Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving, and quality interpersonal and written communication skills when working with others. A strong proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Provide leadership, training and self-help materials for instructional technology tools for faculty and student use
- Serve as the institutions representative and trainer for Quality Matters
- Teach and support faculty, staff, and students to use instructional technology or to integrate technology used in course delivery
- Maintain and update the Academic Support department website
- Schedule and direct Quality Matters (QM) certification training and course reviews
- Develop and/or test instructional technology solutions
- Conduct course reviews and provide faculty ongoing feedback and assistance to meet Quality Matters standards for online/hybrid courses at an acceptable level
- Work closely with faculty to assist them in best usage of the Learning Management System (LMS) and other educational technologies in designing courses and preparing course Working closely with faculty to discover, develop, and implement ways
in which technology can be applied to enhance onsite, hybrid, and distance education teaching
- Create Web-based tutorials and courses to provide information and training for faculty, staff, and students relating to the LMS and instructional technology
- Work with vendors to address issues relating to use of materials in the online environment
- Participate on the academic support committee as necessary to address curricular or technology issues
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate in designing courses and course content using LMS and instructional technologies
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to provide excellent customer service
Essential Software Experience: Intermediate to advanced skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows 10. Intermediate to advanced skill in the use of a learning management system. Intermediate to advanced skill in using Web- and media-based technologies for education.
APPLICATION PROCESS (PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO APPLY)
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu/app or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.