Reporting to the Dean of Career and Technical Education, this individual will work within the Automotive Service Technology program of study. The individual will teach various college credit courses including Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems, Automatic Transmission/Transaxles, Manual Drive Train & Axles, and Engine Performance. This individual will be responsible for instruction and curriculum development. Required Qualifications: A minimum of 5 years’ recent experience as an automotive service technician. The individual must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Automotive Technology or be willing to pursue an Associate’s degree if hired. The individual must be ASE certified in the 4 areas of Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems, Automatic Transmission/Transaxles, Manual Drive Train & Axles, and Engine Performance. The position requires the individual to possess strong interpersonal skills, good communication and computer skills, a student-centered philosophy, and excellent organization skills.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and revise curriculum as needed
- Deliver program curriculum to secondary and postsecondary students
- Maintain up-to-date student records
- Collaborate with automotive industry partners through program advisory committee
- Attend program-related professional development as needed
- Assist with various student recruiting events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1. Associate’s degree in Automotive Technology (or be willing to pursue an Associate’s degree)
- 2. Minimum of 5 years’ recent work experience as an automotive service technician
- 3. ASE Certification in Automatic Transmission/Transaxle, Electrical/Electronic Systems, Manual Drivetrain & Axles, and Engine Performance
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.