This full-time position will oversee all Learning Center operations and responsibilities. This position is responsible for providing administrative, clerical, and technical support to the Learning Center. This position reports directly to the Director of Student Support Services.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the subject of English, mathematics, science, or communications.
- At least three (3) years of experience as a professional tutor or the equivalent, preferably in a community college environment.
- Knowledge and/or training in the use of technology, specifically with Microsoft Office 2016 and MS365 for word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation purposes.
- A score of 70% or higher on the Computer Skills Placement test is required with only one attempt.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with others, be well-organized, proactive, and perform all job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and verbally.
- Ability to supervise and empower others, as well as be a team player.
- Flexibility in adapting personal schedule to meet the academic needs of the students and the department.
- Facilitate, monitor, and analyze all Learning Center activities, including all tutoring staff.
- Each semester, create and post tutoring schedules and other tutoring information.
- Hire effective tutoring personnel (student workers, peer tutors, and professional tutors) who are positive, encouraging, and have knowledge/experience in high demand academic areas, as needed.
- Oversee department’s budget, verify timecards, and supply necessary payroll documents.
- Continue to develop effective strategies of providing supportive tutoring services to all students, including distance learning students.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Director of Student Support Services.
- Complete all daily tasks required to run an effective and student-beneficial learning environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.