- Be recommended for concurrent/dual credit by your high school counselor and/or principal.
- Pass the applicable areas of the ACT or Accuplacer test to determine college readiness.
- ACT score of 19 in Reading or comparable score on Accuplacer (78+ in Reading) or the Accuplacer Next Generation test (253+ in Reading) for all courses
- ACT score of 19 in Core Subject (19 in Math for Math Courses, 19 in English for Composition) or comparable score on Accuplacer (78+ in Math for Math Courses, 83+ in Sentence Skills for Composition) or the Accuplacer Next Generation test (256+ in QAS, 253+ Writing)
- Meet course prerequisite requirements.
- Visit your high school guidance counselor for concurrent options and course approval.
- Visit your high school guidance counselor or SouthArk’s Early College Coordinator in the El Dorado Conference Center 241 for Early College Start forms.
Returning concurrent/dual credit students do not need to resubmit an application for admission
New concurrent/dual credit students:
Complete the online application for admission to "Concurrent Credit."
Please note that an admissions application is not complete until we receive your signed Early College Start form and the supporting documents
New and returning students:
- Return your completed Early College Start (ECS) form signed by student and parent to SouthArk’s Early College Coordinator or your high school counselor.
A signed ECS form gives South Arkansas Community College permission to request these records from your high school:
- Immunization records
- Qualifying Test scores (ACT, ACCUPLACER, ACCUPLACER NEXT GENERATION)
- For all courses: ACT score of 19 in Reading or comparable score on the Accuplacer test (78+ in Reading) or the Accuplacer Next Generation test (253+ in Reading)
- ACT score of 19 in Core Subject (19 in Math for Math Courses, 19 in English for Composition) or comparable score on the Accuplacer test (78 in Math for Math Courses, 83 in Sentence Skills for Composition) or the Accuplacer Next Generation test (256+ in QAS, 253+ Writing)
- Optional: Submit the FERPA form (link to form from documents and form menu) to consent release of your academic records to your parent/guardian. You own your college academic records. Even if you are a minor, your academic records may not be released to your parent or guardian without your consent under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
If you have the qualifying test scores listed under “Eligibility Requirements,” skip this step.
If you DO NOT have the qualifying scores: contact SouthArk’s Testing/Learning Center to schedule the ACCUPLACER Next Generation test: 870-864-7196.
Please note that simply taking the test does not qualify you for registration. A student must meet the minimum test scores for eligibility. If you do not earn the scores on the first try, you may retest. When you are done with the ACCUPLACER Next Generation Test, submit a copy of your scores to SouthArk’s Early College Coordinator at the El Dorado Conference Center 241.
Opt-in for texting on your ECS form to receive a text when registration is complete. You will also receive an e-mail confirming your registration.
Payments should be made with the SouthArk bookstore. Payment can be made over the phone via debit or credit card or in person. The bookstore is located on the first floor of the El Dorado Conference Center, and their phone number is 870.864.7163. You may also mail a check made out to SOUTH ARKANSAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE to Carol Modica-Moore at P.O. Box 7010.
Please remember, tuition is paid and due each semester after you are registered for the semester.
Get your student ID number and student ID card at the SouthArk Testing/Learning Center located in room 220 on the second floor of the El Dorado Conference Center.
Ensure you have access to your SouthArk e-mail (where you will receive important information from me), Blackboard (where you will get your course assignments), and your MyCampus (the portal where you can find information regarding your course registration as well as your grade information upon completion of the course). You can get to your e-mail, MyCampus, and Blackboard from our southark.edu website.
To log-in, follow the format below:
Username: first three letters of your first name, first three letters of your last name, and the last four digits of your student ID number. Example: jandoe8416
Password: your date of birth and your initials in all CAPS . Example: 01252001AB
Orientation will cover important information for concurrent/dual credit students. Sign up for one of the sessions here: (add link to registration form)
August 12, 2019- Concurrent Credit Orientation for parents and students
August 13, 2019- Concurrent Credit Orientation for parents and students
For questions, contact:
Early College Start Coordinator
Advising & Career Services Department