The National Survey on Student Engagement reports that students who make the effort to get involved with their college outside of the classroom have a higher rate of success and participating in student clubs and organizations is a great way to put action behind your desire to get involved.
- Students enrolled at SouthArk are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities.
- Most organizations have open membership available to all students.
- However, some have selective membership based upon local, state, or national criteria.
- Students interested in joining a club/organization should contact the appropriate club sponsor.
- Students who would like to establish an organization or club at SouthArk should submit the following to the Vice President for Student Services for consideration and approval.
Include the following information:
- Name of organization or club
- A declaration of the purpose, goals, activities, membership requirements, constitution, and bylaws
- SouthArk employee sponsor
- At least five signatures of potential members (must be students at SouthArk)
- The VPSS will take the completed applications to the Student Services Committee for action and approval.
The Purpose of Brotherhood of Scholarship and Service shall be to increase the success and involvement of the men of color at South Arkansas Community College. The Mission of Brotherhood of Scholarship and Service, or BOSS, is to increase, encourage, and support the inclusion and educational success of men of color.
The program assists students in their academic and professional endeavors while promoting and advocating for an improved educational experience at South Arkansas Community College. BOSS aims to build a support system consisting of campus and community members with hopes of leading to higher levels of well-being.
BOSS intends to empower its members with the motivation and skills needed to exceed personally and professionally while gaining valuable leadership skills at South Arkansas Community College. The following pillars are designed to help students achieve this mission: