New Student Orientation is designed to ease your transition to SouthArk, provide awareness of campus resources, and provide information on campus policies and procedures.
Who must complete the orientation?
All students new to South Arkansas Community College - including online, transfer and high school concurrent/dual enrollment students - are required to successfully complete orientation online.
How to access new student orientation?
New Student Orientation- Online can be accessed through your Campus Technology course in Blackboard.
- Log in to your Blackboard
- Click on your Campus Technology Course
- Select New Student Orientation from the left menu
What do I need to participate in orientation online?
You must have your SouthArk username and password created prior to participating.
What to expect
The orientation will take you approximately 45-60 minutes to complete and consists of four modules:
- Module 1: Campus E-mail, Blackboard, and MyCampus
- Module 2: Student Expectations
- Academic Policies
- Academic Standards/Grades
- Module 3: Student Resources
- Testing, Tutoring & Library
- Student Services
- Payment & Course Materials
- Student Activities
- Campus Safety: Bystander Prevention
- Module 4: Student Support Services
- Student Handbooks
- Title IX
- Accommodations & Counseling
- Suicide Prevention
After you have completed the modules, remember to print your certificate of completion and save it for your records.
How long do I have to complete new student orientation?
Spring 2021 New Students have until March 19, 2021 to complete New Student Orientation-Online.
What happens if I don’t complete new student orientation?
A hold will be placed on your account that prevents you from registering for future semesters. The hold will be removed as soon as you complete the New Student Orientation.
Once I’m finished with the orientation, does that mean I am finished with campus technology?
Finishing New Student Orientation does not mean you are finished with Campus Technology. Please do continue to complete the Campus Technology course as this is a pass/fail course.
Why is there a mandatory student orientation?
Research shows that students who complete orientation are more likely to:
- Take advantage of the resources available to them
- Complete their courses with higher grades
- Achieve their academic goals
SouthArk wants you to be successful and begin your college experience confident and informed!