Job Description: SouthArk Adult Education currently has an opening for a part-time instructor in our ADED-IET program. Candidates should have experience teaching and a passion for helping students succeed. This instructor will be responsible for teaching adult basic reading and math skills to students in in the ADED-IET Culinary Arts Program. The instructor filling this position will co-teach alongside our Culinary Arts Instructor, but will not be responsible for Culinary Arts instruction.
Definition of IET: IET is Integrated Educational Training. An IET Program partners Adult Education Centers with an accredited program to provide specific and accelerated opportunities to students. Students in this program are simultaneously enrolled in adult education courses such as and literacy, workforce preparation, etc. and an accredited workforce program such as Culinary Arts. The IET allows Adult Ed students to dually enroll in GED/WAGE and Culinary. Due to the integration of services, students are able to finish both programs simultaneously. This leads to more student opportunities, faster career paths, shorter completion rates, stackable credentials, and the ability to begin work sooner.
The Culinary Arts Program: SouthArk’s Culinary Program is a one-year program where students will earn ServSafe Food Safety Manager Certification and Nutrition Certificate. The Culinary Instructor is responsible for all culinary instruction and curriculum. The ADED-IET instructor will provide basic skills instruction in reading and mathematics. Therefore, this position is designed around a team teaching approach with specific instructional goals.
- Provide basic education instruction in reading and mathematics.
- Plan, monitor progress and adapt instruction together with the culinary arts instructor to meet students’ instructional needs.
- Work closely with SouthArk faculty in a team teaching approach to teach students in the ADED-IET Culinary program. This includes enrolled GED students and college level students in the specified course.
- Assist with recruitment, enrollment, and student services for ADED-IET Culinary.
- Stay up-to-date with student assignments and progress.
- Monitor student hours required for ADED-IET Culinary. Inform students when eligible to post-test and make testing arrangements with Adult Ed.
- Participate in professional development activities as required by the department and State of Arkansas.
- Report to the Adult Education Director concerning enrollment, student progress, and completions.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Education and Arkansas Teaching Licensure.
APPLICATION PROCESS (PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO APPLY)
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.