The Dean for Workforce and Continuing Education reports to the President of the College and provides leadership, direction, and management for the Corporate Education (CPE), Community Education (CME), and Adult Education departments. The Dean provides support to the South Arkansas Workforce Training Education Consortium.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the Corporate Education Director and Community Education/Administrative Specialist who manage their respective full- and part-time staff. The CE Director works with industry partners to create/revise curriculum, creates and retains industry partnerships. The Dean may also supervise grant project directors, as needed.
- Supervise Director of Adult Education for Bradley and Union Counties who staffs and schedules Adult Education classes, manages the WAGE program, manages Adult Education budget and grants, ensures the program is compliant with federal and state regulations, and submit required reports.
- Monitor all activities involved in departmental purchasing, budgets, marketing, scheduling, registration, and billing.
- Oversee and facilitate the development and maintenance of relationships with businesses, industries, community organizations, and potential donors.
- Research and develop curriculum for new programs/classes in response to business and industry educational and training needs. Secure resources to support these programs.
- Provide leadership in strategic planning for department, division, and college.
- Align division priorities with the college’s strategic plan.
- Represent SouthArk on various external committees and at various external community, regional, and state-wide activities.
- Present activities and needs to the Executive Cabinet, as needed.
- Participate in external and internal committees, as assigned.
- Assist Chairperson of SAWTEC.
- Hire, train, lead, and evaluate workforce and Adult Education directors/specialist.
- Ensure that all departments value diversity in staff, instructors, classes, and programs.
- Encourage and set the tone for excellent customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by College President.
Successful Candidate must complete a Criminal Background Check successfully, submit Official Transcript(s), and complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting in the position.
Master’s Degree required, and at least five years of management/supervisory, workforce, and higher education experience.
Position Specific Requirements
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in workforce and curriculum development.
- Entrepreneurial experience in business planning, resource development, and development of systems for program delivery.
- Analytical skills, writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate in diverse business, educational and industrial settings.
- Visionary leadership skills with ability to think “outside the box” and to lead and manage change involving faculty and staff in positive and inclusive ways.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning activities as a leader showing an understanding of principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in working with faculty and staff in settings requiring mediation and/or conflict resolution methods.
- Demonstrated experience in budget preparation, monitoring, and administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge in marketing, scheduling, registration, and billing.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in curriculum development and course delivery.
- Knowledge and ability related using data to make decisions and to monitor performance and improvement.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of integrated software system and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to integrated management and systems thinking with the ability to work collaboratively
- Documented experience in contract development, external funding, grant writing/grant management.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, business and industry and the general public.
- Skill in facilitating quality customer service.
- Skill in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural, and socially diverse populations.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule involving some travel, some evenings, early mornings, and/or weekends as required for delivery of education/training initiatives with the community, business, and industry.